Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Wiki-Wiki Dabbles

There was not a Wikipedia page for our district, Flat Rock Community Schools, so I created one and added our four schools along with addresses and phone numbers. I bolded the school names and added page breaks so it looked nicer as well as added links to each of the schools' homepages.



I've also dabbled with WikiSpaces over the last few years and use one religiously with my language teaching. It is for teachers and students to post ideas and lessons along with materials and we share our information with the rest of the world. I find a lot of great ideas on there and use it 5 - 8 times a month.

I have used Wikispaces within my classroom in the 9-12 setting and have found it to be slow when all of the students are on there at the same time. However, I contacted Wikispaces and within 5 minutes they got back to me telling me something or another and they had fixed the problem. It was nice that there is someone available for your educator needs in real-time. I also have created another page for my current endeavors as a 3-5 Spanish teacher and am hoping to teach the kids how to use the wiki to create separate pages in regards to 'El Tiempo', or weather, that we are learning. The plan is that they will create a weather report online. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment